In today’s ever-changing, ever-moving world of technology and best practices, it is imperative for any aspiring business professional to stay informed, ahead of the curve, up-to-date, and empowered with current information to really take your business and career to the next level.
Included here are a collection of books that have been integral to my own personal & professional development. I would recommend them to any individual looking to sharpen their sales & marketing tool-kits and better position themselves in the marketplace.
- “How to Win Friends & Influence People”, by Dale Carnegie
- “The Tipping Point” and “Blink”, by Malcolm Gladwell
- “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People”, by Stephen Covey
- “The 4 Disciplines of Execution”, by Chris McChesney, Sean Covey, & Jim Huling
- “You Can’t Teach a Kid to Ride a Bike at a Seminar”, by David Sandler
- “Questions That Sell”, by Paul Cherry
- “Digital Body Language”, by Steven Woods
- “The Psychology of Selling”, by Brian Tracy
- “Objections”, by Jeb Blount
- “Extreme Ownership”, by Jocko Willink and Leif Babin
- “Atomic Habits”, by James Clear
- “Mandatory Greatness”, by Dale Dauten & J.T. O’Donnell
- “Crucial Conversations”, by Kerry Patterson, Joseph Grenny, Ron McMillan, & Al Switzler
- “Conversations that Win the Complex Sales”, by Erik Peterson & Tim Riesterer
- “Act Like A Sales Pro”, by Julie Hansen
- “Introducing NLP”, by Joseph O’Connor & John Seymour
- “Several Short Sentences About Writing”, by Verlyn Klinkenborg
- “Rich Dad Poor Dad”, by Robert Kiyosaki
- “The 48 Laws of Power”, by Robert Green
- “The Great Work of Your Life”, by Stephen Cope
- “The Traveler’s Gift”, by Andy Andrews
- “The Way of the Superior Man”, by David Deida
- and, of course, “The Art of War”, by Sun Tzu
Combined, these literary works have tremendously shaped my professional behaviors and boosted my ability to perform more effectively & efficiently in nearly any business capacity. Whether you strive to make incremental, micro-improvements in your day-to-day roles or you aim to hone your ability to think in the big picture, these books contain the knowledge to help you achieve your goals.
Have there been books that have impacted your life and career in a similar, positive way? I’d love to hear about them.
Read these books before? I’d love to discuss.